Thursday, January 3, 2013

Round the blend

Bought a blender.
Can't. Stop. Blending

Breakfast today: Chocolate icing superfood smoothie. Yea, I made this title up. So named because I licked the chocolaty mixture off the blender's lid. Sorry, no photos - maybe when I make it again tomorrow!

Recipe for chocolate icing superfood smoothie:

1 cup soy milk (Bonsoy is my favourite)
1 tablespoon raw organic cocoa
1 tablespoon chlorella
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon raw honey (Lick the spoon after adding
1 small handful goji berries.
Blend in the blender.

And lunch...lunch was a fruit and vege gorge. Add enough water to the following ingredients to make a balance between a juice and a smoothie. This may be too many ingredients for some but for me, well, I feel like superwoman. This made heaps so I put some into a large jug and put it in the fridge for tomorrow morning:

Recipe for fruit and vege red smoothie:

1 small handful of raw organic goji berries
2 heaped tablespoons of raw honey (Lick the spoon after adding).
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon LSA mix
1 tablespoon chlorella
1 banana
1 beetroot
1 carrot
1 grapefruit
1 orange
1/2 pomegranate
Mint leaves
A couple of chard or spinach leaves
Lots of filtered water so you get the consistency you want.

Yum.

2 comments:

hattie/neil said...

Funny, I got a blender as a Christmas gift from Hattie, we have made two lots of Hummus and some pesto using basil from the garden. Yum!

Ms Leaney said...

Yum! I have some organic chickpeas - it's time I finally make my own hummus since I eat so much store bought stuff! What recipe did you use?