Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Imperfectly made by me

It's fairly clear, dear friends, that I don't do sick well. Stay in bed? Oh no... Christmas requires me to do craft projects.

Earrings...
Bracelets...
Off to the shops for a coffee and some votives...
Beeswax...
Spilling beeswax on the floor of the mother in law's kitchen then cleaning it up with an iron and paper towel for an hour...spilling the wax because my things are in storage and all I can find is an old Pyrex dish which can't possibly melt beeswax efficiently but I don't want to wreck the mother in laws things...

And who cares if the bracelets are too long, or if the candles have uneven lines because I poured at intervals because of the lack of efficient melting equipment? Or if I have used enough relaxation oil to put a giant troll to sleep? I like these presents far better than the ones I bought for people...they are perfect and imperfect all at the same.

Cherry the Burmese finds it all fairly interesting.

No comments: