Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dogs and Lentils...


I'm house-sitting again and I am in heaven...


The dogs are small and cute...



And big and boisterous...

After a LONG time cramped in a small granny flat, and a LONG LONG time since my last holiday, house-sitting is a real treat. The heating, the second story, the bath tub, the large TV, the massive kitchen...Oh happy days.

To celebrate my first day here, I made the most delicious mushroom, lentil and barley soup with rye Mountain Bread garlicky olive oil crisps. 


I made a few amendments by using sweet potato instead of potato, adding fennel and fresh ginger and upping the spices a lot by including garam marsala, clove spice, paprika and cumin. The fresh ginger definitely took it to another level (excuse the Masterchef speak please), so I highly recommend you use a good dose of it. I'm not really a recipe kind of gal. I throw in what spices I want and taste until I get it perfect.

The rye bread crisps were my own addition - easy to do. I lightly coated some rye Mountain Bread wraps with garlic and olive oil and cooked them under a grill until brown and crispy. 



I ate two bowls full, and I stole by boyfriends crisps. Yum.

x

No comments: