Thursday, January 14, 2010

Somewhat dotty






This is my current work. It has taken quite a long time, with all the dots and fine detail. Whilst I am using oil paints, I am treating the paints very much like I do gouache with very little blending and bold blocks of colour. Old habits die hard I guess - I have used gouache since high school - small scale, very opaque, using little tiny brushes.

It is on the same size wooden block as the finches. I will stick with this size for quite a while as I have had a whole heap of boards cut.

I am not sure about this work and despite wiping it once and almost wiping it a second time, I like it enough to now keep going. Will keep you posted.

Bless
x

1 comment:

melanie said...

Hey Honey' I miss you too' love your work gorgeous as always, i still remember that book club when i first got to see your beautiful art work, hope you are happy and well xoxox